Thursday 2 August 2012

Tell me about it, stud

Studs are probably one of my favourite things in the world, any time I see something studded in a shop I'm like a magpie - "ooh shiny!"

I also love customising things and although I don't claim to be very good at it, I often cut off the sleeves and necklines of tops to make them suit me better - cap sleeves and high necks just don't look good on me - and I've taken to studding some pieces of clothing too!


The cropped sleeveless denim jacket is from Topshop and I think I bought it two years ago. I did love it but for some reason I just wasn't getting much wear out of it. Then last summer I saw shops bringing out very similar jackets but with studs on, and I thought hey, I can make mine look like that, so with some 99p studs from Ebay, I customised it and I wear it so much more!

It seems like studs are here to stay for awhile and I've seen studded leather jackets EVERYWHERE. Now I actually have three leather jackets (ridiculous) but my favourite is my old faithful from Primark, it's probably 4 years old now but it has stood the test of time, so I decided to jazz it up a little. I bought some smaller studs, also 99p from Ebay, went to town on it and a few hours and a very sore thumb later, I love it! 

I thought I would need to get a studding tool but luckily, with it being cheap fake leather, the studs pushed through it easily and I just pushed the prongs down with a pair of eyebrow tweezers. 

I will definitely be getting even more wear out of my leather jacket now the weather is cooling down again (boo, bye Summer) and I might even get to customising my lovely camo jacket too... watch this space!

If you have any comments or questions you can leave them below, or talk to me on twitter!

Megan Diva xo

1 comment: